COP 15 General Conditions
Due to the short time span between reservations and the event, we thank you very much for your understanding of our constraints. The team has worked hard to make this process as easy as possible for you and your delegation. We look forward in seeing you in Montreal in a few weeks.
Room block requests will be treated on a first come first served basis. Multiple factors are to be considered for the reservation of your room block and the housing team will try their best to accommodate all your requests.
If delegates arrive for different portions of the summit, please make sure to include as much information as possible, for us to plan and place all groups. An option you will be presented with will be to make sub-groups for different arrival and departure dates.
Once the initial rooms blocks are assigned a contract and invoice will follow. The signature of the contract and deposit of 50% will CONFIRM your room block and only then will the hotel be confirmed.
GROUP payment conditions:
- The first non-refundable deposit of 50% is due according to the deadline mentioned in the contract. Once received your group is confirmed.
- A maximum attrition policy of 10% is required by the various hotels and is only possible before November 1, 2022.
- After November 1, 2022, any room attrition will be non-refundable.
- Nominal list and final payment are due November 1, 2022.
- Name changes are possible up to 72 hours before arrival at the hotel.
- After November 1st, any request for additional rooms will be processed “on request” and must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Early departures are non-refundable.
- All payments will have to be made by bank transfer or bank transfer
INDIVIDUAL payment conditions:
- Name changes, date changes and cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before arrival at the hotel.
- Early departures are non-refundable.
- All payments must be made when booking by credit card. If only a 25% deposit is taken when booking, final payment must be made no later than 10 days from the date of arrival.
Price: All prices are in Canadian dollars
Accuracy of information: The Traveller is responsible for providing accurate personal information for himself and any people for whom he is making a reservation or booking. All fees that may occurred from errors in the information provided by the client will be to expense of the traveller.
Change fees: Any applicable fare difference per request of the client, will be charged to the Traveller.
Modification: GVQ reserves the right, at all times and at its sole discretion, to cancel or replace reserved and/or purchased services with comparable services.
Act of God: GVQ may cancel, change or modify all or part of the reservation in the event of unusual and/or unforeseeable reasons, such as acts of God. GVQ cannot be held liable for any damages whatsoever caused by such a cancellation, change or modification, and no reimbursement will be given to Traveller. GVQ is committed to working with Travellers in good faith to help them obtain services comparable to those that have been cancelled, changed, or modified.
Proof of citizenship and governmental requirements: It is the Traveller’s responsibility to acquire and to pay for any documents required by government authorities for traveling to Canada. GVQ will not be deemed responsible for any passport, visa, authorization, vaccination protocol and public health and safety measures.
Liability disclaimer: GVQ holds a Québec travel agent licence and acts in this capacity with tourist service providers whose services are reserved by GVQ. While GVQ chooses its service providers carefully, it has no control over them and, consequently, cannot be held liable for their actions or omissions; those of their representatives, employees, subcontractors or agents, or for losses of any kind that may result from such actions or omissions. The services are subject to the providers’ terms and conditions. Furthermore, the providers’ liability is limited to the applicable fares, transportation conditions, tickets, vouchers, and international conventions and agreements.
Travellers will not be entitled to any claim, reimbursement, and/or compensation for any loss, cost, expense, damage, difficulty, disturbance, accident, death, delay, cancellation, change, loss of enjoyment, unavailability, illness, injury, inconvenience, disappointment, ordeal, anxiety, frustration or other annoyance, whether it be material, psychological or physical, resulting from:
- an act or omission of a third party, including service providers;
an illness or a robbery;
- a Traveller for not having the proper documents, including a passport or visa, when necessary;
- an act of God;
- a Traveller being refused access to a service, place, event, etc. by government authorities;
- a Traveller not following the instructions given and the conditions required to use a service;
- a cancellation, change or modification of tourist services for an unusual and/or unforeseeable reason or act of God, including, but not limited to: illness, accident, epidemic or pandemic, war, political events, riot, acts of terrorism, fire, flood, storm, hurricane, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, earthquake
- mechanical breakdown, labour dispute
- a decision of a governmental or legislative authority,
- bankruptcy (including the bankruptcy of a service provider)
- disappearance or closure of a service provider or any other event outside GVQ’s control that could disrupt its operations or the services of its providers
Errors, mistakes and availability: GVQ and its suppliers reserve the right to refuse, correct or cancel a reservation and/or the purchase of a tourist service in the event of a printing error, mistake or unavailability. The availability and prices of the services are validated only once payment has been confirmed.
The Delegation manager will have access to the group’s information, rooming lists, invoices, payment receipts and other information through a secured extranet. An email of confirmation will be sent once the deposit has been received.
Our COP15 Housing bureau’s operating hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (EST).